Wednesday, April 8, 2015

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Hi there!

SO I suppose I should start this adventure off with a Brief Introduction of sorts. A mission statement? A Declaration of Intent? How gross and adult-y. But I’m an adult now (ish) and I guess we have to start somewhere, so here we are:

I started the eminently distinguished (to me) Film Blog, fashion-and-film.tumblr.com in 2011when I was naught but a wide-eyed ingénue entering my freshman year at real life Film School and, in a mixture of boredom, existential crisis, and my obsessive need to document every movie I ever watched, Fashion&Film was born.


Four years and 277 (yes – TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SEVEN) films later I’ve come to the conclusion that I need to figure out what the point of it all is. That’s well over 500 hours. Almost 2/3rds of a month’s worth of movie watching. Hence, I’ve decided that I want to attempt to transition it into something a little more substantial.

I'm not quite sure what exactly I'm planning on doing or how I'm planning on doing it. But I'm going to barrel onwards with all the blind confidence befitting a recent college graduate with a hefty internet connection and far too much free time. Hope to see you along the way!

- Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment